Short Video Of My Tank, Does Everything Look Good So Far?

spiritual-abyss

New to this forum and you guys already helped me a bunch! I just wanted to upload this short video to see if you guys might notice anything bad about the set up. The water is a bit cloudy and the plants which look like grass seem to be slowly dying. A coworker cloned them for me.

My angelfish seems to be hiding a lot lately, is it possible he's not comfortable because of the other little fish who are energetic? although the angel is the biggest fish in there lol. I was thinking of getting a discus fish to be his buddy.

Tell me if the link doesn't work, I tried creating a link for it using google drive. I'm not really sure how to put a video online from my phone but I think I made it work. it's 1 minute long.

Thanks

Sion

I would NOT put a discus in this tank. They work best in a one species setup and need absolutely pristine water which will be difficult to maintain with the number of fish you have already.

Sergeant Pepper

What size is the tank? As stated above, discus wouldnt be recommended as they need very clean water, constant water changes, and school of 6+ to be comfortable.

Nataku

What size tank is this?
Also the reason the angel is hiding is because of the three spot gourami in your tank (gold, blue, opaline are all color morphs of the same species). The angel is probably being outcompeted or bullied by them and that is why he has taken to hiding back there. Some angels can handle living with three spot gourami, some dont. Think this angel is a little too laid back and shy to handle this gourami tank.

Also, you have a dwarf male in there with the three spots. Be careful with this. In another year as the three spots continue to grow and double in size, the dwarf may find himself finless one day.

The grass like plant appears to be subulata? It needs pretty high light and ferts to keep growing well I've found. If youd like an easier to grow grass like plant, get some jungle valisneria. Much easier to keep alive and it tends to spread fairly quickly. I find my angels like to weave around in it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mccann1987
Replies
Views
Anders247
Replies
Views
Philipgonzales3
Replies
Views