Shopping for lighting, need some advice?

Mhamilton0911

Well Known
Reaction score
Lumen: 3500
LEDs: 64x 10000K, 32x RGB
Watt: 28 watts

Above is the info for the light i'm looking at. Is this enough for basic. low light plants, no CO2? This is thier 36" size, and My tank is a 36" wide 48 gallon bowfront.
I Have bacopa, dwarf water lilly, anacharis, anubuias, Italian Vals.

Cody

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That should be good option.

only question is what is the tank height? And is the light full spectrum with white,red and blue leds?

marmaaa

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Cody said:

only question is what is the tank height? And is the light full spectrum with white,red and blue leds?
Do plants like amazon sword/anubias/javafern need full spectrum or is white okay?

Cody

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry, I just noticed your original specs said RGB so it will be a full spectrum light.

Everything you listed will be relatively low light so that light should grow all of those plants just fine.

marmaaa

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Cody said:
Sorry, I just noticed your original specs said RGB so it will be a full spectrum light.

Everything you listed will be relatively low light so that light should grow all of those plants just fine.
Thanks!

marmaaa

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
jake37 said:
How deep is your tank - 28 watt sounds pretty weak. anubias and java fern will survive (not thrive) on extremely weak light but the sword is going ot want more light.
I have a 15 watt light in my 10g right now but I got another 8 watt light, they are both white, would that work?

Dechi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you don’t mind the price, the Fluval 3.0 is a very good smart light. You can adjust colors, brightness and program it to set on and off as you like.

I have one for my 45 gallons bow front and I just love it. Before with my 75 gallons I had bought traditional lighting (the Fluval has leds) and spent a great deal of money on expensive tubes but I never had decent plants. I only use the Fluval at about 50% of it’s capacity and it’s enough for my plants.

OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

Well Known
Reaction score
Cody said:

Tank height is 20", and yes, it was a full spectrum light. Basically a knock off of the expensive ones. Has a remote and a 24/7 feature.

OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

Well Known
Reaction score
My current lighting is so weak, half of the LEDs are not working and it's still growing everything, so any light that is brighter should be better I'm hoping.

New Threads