Shipping time

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am planning on ordering TSS and an aquaclear filter from foster and smith aquatics . It says recommended 2 day air shipping for extreme hot/cold temps for the TSS. I really don't want to pay that much more for shipping. Is it really necessary or will the basic shipping be fine?

phishyitis

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I doubt they ship it around the country in refrigerated trucks from the Tetra manufacturing plant.....:

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Last year when I ordered TSS they shipped it with an ice pack in the box. I don't know if they will do that this time though.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think its silly to pay a shipping charge that is twice or three times the amount of the actual product being shipped. When it was biospira, it HAD to be kept cold, but TSS is specially formulated to be shelf stable, however it still can die with extreme temps. I'd risk it, I ordered TSS also last night and just did standard ground.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Perhaps that's why it doesn't work sometimes - somewhere along the way the case was exposed to extreme temps.

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The question is what qualifies as EXTREME temps?

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I believe the bacteria can survive at temps up to 90 degrees. So if the temps are 85+ I would recommend faster shipping, or just wait and get it another time.

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So instead of standard 1 week delivery, 2-4 day delivery seems fine. That is a big jump in price though.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
apparently some sites use ice packs to help with the temp issue. is one, but they deal with dr tims and not tss.

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No where on the bottle does it say needs to be refrigerated or kept heated. It just says don't expose to heat, which would be extreme heat. I think it'd be fine either way. This stuff actually has a decent shelf life compared to Biospira.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I also think it will be fine in regular shipping

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It should be fine, mine arrived with no ice pack, just in bubble wrap, in the middle of our crazy manic winter at the start of the year. Temp differences between outside and inside were a lot different, about 30C at times between outside at -10, and inside at 20C+, but the product still worked as it should, so even big temp swings don't seem to affect it...

Couldn't say about extreme heat, it's not something we get much of lol!!!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads