Shipping mystery snails

Shaylac98

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What’s the best way to ship snails? I’ve seen the wet paper towel way but it seem pretty uncomfortable in my opinion is there a safe way to shop them in water?

MrsPancakes

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You should only ship very small snails in a bag of water. For larger snails, use a 12oz container with a lid. Put a damp paper towel in the bottom and wrap the snail in another damp paper towel. Place the container of snails in a box with loose fiber insulation packed tightly. They will have enough air for up to a week. Depending on the weather expected during transport, you may need to add a heat/cool pack to the top of the package with the insulation between the snail container and the pack. Hope that helps.

Donovan Jones

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I believe they breathe air and just need to stay wet, so while it may seem uncomfortable, they really arent that uncomfortable

OP
Shaylac98

Shaylac98

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
MrsPancakes said:
You should only ship very small snails in a bag of water. For larger snails, use a 12oz container with a lid. Put a damp paper towel in the bottom and wrap the snail in another damp paper towel. Place the container of snails in a box with loose fiber insulation packed tightly. They will have enough air for up to a week. Depending on the weather expected during transport, you may need to add a heat/cool pack to the top of the package with the insulation between the snail container and the pack. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the info!

New Threads