Shiney Silver Dollar?

Macy Fenn

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have 5 silver dollars. the two new ones were in quarantine and got ich one of them verrrrry heavily all over him. they both got better and pulled through but it seems he is shiney all over and it's like it's where the ich was? first couples pics are him and then my others just to show the difference. anyone know why?

OP
Macy Fenn

Macy Fenn

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Littlebudda said:
Are you talking about spots and no spots?
I don't know why I am having such a hard time posting these pictures I never have before. my silver dollar in my dirty quarantine tank with only dark blue pebbles is the one with the shiney dots all over the top of him. those are what i'm talking about and all my other ones are normal with no "sparkles" on them. sorry about the random pictures.

OP
Macy Fenn

Macy Fenn

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Littlebudda said:
Are you talking about spots and no spots?
here is a better picture of the one in question. last time i'm trying to post this exact pic
9437A9E1-7E5B-43E8-BFE4-77F29A3EF641.jpeg

OP
Macy Fenn

Macy Fenn

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
FinalFins said:
I think it's just how the light is hitting them.
it's all the time and only on him

OP
Macy Fenn

Macy Fenn

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
this was literally right now. it's been like 2 weeks since their ich went away too but these sparkly dots don't. the last 2 pics is the other one in the same tank but it never looks sparkly no matter what angle and neither do my other 3 in my main tank so I just thought it might be something

Attachments

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The shiny SD is a Metynnis Lippincottianus, (Spotted SD) & the others are Metynnis Argenteus (Common SD).
The Lippincottianus is a more flashy, popular SD. The silver speckles might be new scales or just a natural trait of that particular SD. No worries.

OP
Macy Fenn

Macy Fenn

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A201 said:
The shiny SD is a Metynnis Lippincottianus, (Spotted SD) & the others are Metynnis Argenteus (Common SD).
The Lippincottianus is a more flashy, popular SD. The silver speckles might be new scales or just a natural trait of that particular SD. No worries.
Interesting! thanks a lot!!

New Threads