She's smarter than I thought!

1. m

mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

My ram has proven that she's smarter than I think she is! yesterday was the day everyone got dried worms as treats and as usual my ram went crazy as I dropped them in and within minutes they were all gone. I figured she'd like some time alone so I went off to do something else. I come back an hour later and she's pale, had black bands like when she got really stressed on the way home the day I got her but she was very excited to see me. I was really confused as to what could be wrong, the filter and heater were all functioning, the tank is cycled and has plenty of hiding spaces, the rasboras were all swimming around happily but my ram was unhappy. I took a close look at her and see nothing wrong apart from being pale, but she was really excited for some reason. Then I saw it, two worms hanging off the edge of the glass so I picked them up and dropped them in the tank, the ram immediately goes after them and swims around after finished. Her colours brightened up within minutes and she was swimming around like nothing ever happened! So turns out she was frustrated because she could see the worms hanging off the edge but couldn't get to them lol. I was really shocked though, they're definitely smart fish! :)

2. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

LOL Wasn't it me that told you Rams are smart fish? XD

3. OP
    OP
    m

Yep, and I definitely believe you after going through what happened yesterday. Really amazing what a fish can do, I think I'd have to work harder from now on lol.

4. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

lol fish are alot smarter than we give them credit for.

5. nissan4life

nissan4life Valued Member Member

LOL That's awesome :D Poor thing :clapping:

6. OP
    OP
    m

They are! Now I have proof that fish are smarter than most people think. :p
    I know right? I never expected her to tell me in that way! She's back to normal now though, a very healthy ram. :)

7. CichlidSWAGA

CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

haha thats great!

8. OP
    OP
    m

After observing all the things she does, I have to say I'm impressed with her ability to change colour so quickly and make me panick lol. When she's surprised or confused, the stripes on her face darken. When she's angry, all her colours darken and she chases the rasboras around for a bit. When she's stressed, she turns grey with pale vertical stripes. She likes the game too, when I get too close to the tank, the stripes on her face darkens and she stays there just staring at me as if to say, look... at... my... face... lol.

9. nissan4life

nissan4life Valued Member Member

Lol!

10. OP
    OP
    m

What's even funnier about her is that she tries to eat everything from snails, plants to sand lol. I watch her take mouthfuls of sand all the time just to find out it's not edible and she still does it.:rolleyes: