Shell Shock

Nikao

Can snails get shell shock like Ninja Turtles? Why were there never any Teenage Mutant Ninja Snails?

I moved one of my snails to another tank and dropped him. It knocked his shell. It didn’t break, but now he isn’t moving.

peddidle

I moved one of my snails to another tank and dropped him. It knocked his shell. It didn’t break, but now he isn’t moving.

How long has he not been moving for? I’ve moved my snails a few times. Sometimes they start moving right away and other times it takes them awhile.

Upvote 0

Nikao

How long has he not been moving for? I’ve moved my snails a few times. Sometimes they start moving right away and other times it takes them awhile.

It has been about an hour. I will give him some time.

Upvote 0

richiep

From what i can see your in the right place,
Anyway being dropped from any height can cause injury even death the only way to find out is put him in the tank and leave him a day or so then take him out daily and do a sniff test if hes dead the smell will hit you like a truck

Upvote 0

Shambhalaubie

It could cause your snail injury if he was dropped from a far enough height, mine usually takes a bit to get moving when I transfer him around. Give it some time and see if he's moved. If not, give him a smell, that should tell you if he's alive or not.

It is pretty common for them to stay still for hours at a time, even days, they are snails after all.

Upvote 0

kanzekatores

I don't know if it can happen. But if he hasn't moved for an hour I would guess he died.

Upvote 0

Nikao

I killed him there was a broken dent in his shell

Upvote 0

EmbersToAshes

If the snail died due to an injury he may have had another underlying problem, such as a calcium deficiency causing a thin and weak shell. A snail shouldnt suffer deadly injuries by simply falling to the bottom of a tank. That's the whole point of having a shell. How hard/high was the fall? I wouldn't be sure it's dead unless it has a smell.

Upvote 0

Nikao

If the snail died due to an injury he may have had another underlying problem, such as a calcium deficiency causing a thin and weak shell. A snail shouldnt suffer deadly injuries by simply falling to the bottom of a tank. That's the whole point of having a shell. How hard/high was the fall? I wouldn't be sure it's dead unless it has a smell.

I generally use Magic Shells for my snails. I think he hit the corner of the table. I see the dent.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishPlanet
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Mystery Snail Fight?
  • KayMayJay
  • Snails
Replies
Views
Pfrozen