Shell Dweller Fry

mmerton

Hello,
I just found my first fry in my shell dwellers tank! I have a few questions. I have other fish in the tank like masked julie's, giant danios and upside down catfish. Will these try to eat the fry? Also what should I do about feeding them ? they are extremely tiny ( must've just been born). I have frozen blood worms but those are way too big, I have freeze dried brine shrimp and also NLS Grow.

Any other help would be great-- i've never had fry before in any of my tanks so this is very new!

KimberlyG

HikarI first bites and brine shrimp has been recommended on some sites. (If this works out, you need to sell me your fish! So hard to get these guys.) What do you feed the adults? Obviously I can't get shellies, but with some others, I grind the adult food in a mortar and pestle.

mmerton

HikarI first bites and brine shrimp has been recommended on some sites. (If this works out, you need to sell me your fish! So hard to get these guys.) What do you feed the adults? Obviously I can't get shellies, but with some others, I grind the adult food in a mortar and pestle.

Haha yes it was hard to get them ! I had to order them online! I feed NLS Grow which is already small but is massive compared to the fry. I let algae grow on the shells for this reason but i'm not sure if they will pick at that or not.

I will try to get some food for them specifically soon! I think i'm going to have another pair breeding soon too.

KimberlyG

Haha yes it was hard to get them ! I had to order them online! I feed NLS Grow which is already small but is massive compared to the fry. I let algae grow on the shells for this reason but i'm not sure if they will pick at that or not.

I will try to get some food for them specifically soon! I think i'm going to have another pair breeding soon too.
That was exactly what they mentioned grinding! (The NLS) I assumed they did it with a mortar and pestle as I do with other foods.

mmerton

That was exactly what they mentioned grinding! (The NLS) I assumed they did it with a mortar and pestle as I do with other foods.

Okay I'll try that! Thanks

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
INeedHelpLol
Replies
Views
crypt0currency
Replies
Views
TJG
Replies