Shed for Tanks

mrjohn

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
This may be a bit ridiculous but I was thinking of getting a shed built just for aquariums. I mean..other storage items could be placed there as well but it would be heated. This of course is years down the road, but what do you think?

I have 3 small tanks in house and when I finally become a mortgage holder I would like to have a center piece tank in house and multiple tanks elsewhere.

I always wanted to own a bar so I will eventually put a bar in a future basement but now I want a fish room and I think a dedicated fish room is in order. Just random thoughts. Anyone else have this in mind?

TheMysticWizard

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Love the idea. I'd want to do it in the future too. Wife would probably kill me. 3 tanks set up now and I'm waiting to be murdered any day...

GlennO

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’d like to do this myself by modifying an existing building but it would require some work. A heating system is ideal as is cooling if you live in an area with hot summers.

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Honestly, I would love to have a fish shed lol. If you have the possibility to make one, definitely go for it!

OP
mrjohn

mrjohn

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Oh I can't wait. It will be like a little get away.

Basil

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hubby and I have been discussing our retirement home. Slab foundation and a living room built around the fish tanks complete with built in plumbing for easy water changes.
In our current house, we are moving a downstairs bathroom over into a closet to then make the current bathroom space a fish water prep room. It has already ceased to be a bathroom as the RI/DI system is set up on an old washer hookup and I’ve got 3 brute trash and in there lol!

A shed sounds cool! It’s too cold here for that. Would be too expensive to heat. :)

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom