Shed aquarium(in chicago)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by freak78, Jan 3, 2013.

1. freak78

freak78Well Known MemberMember

We went there today and man that place is awesome! If anyone has a chance to go it's a must. If you want to see a fish species it's probably there. Even when we were leaving there was a line 100 yards out the door waiting to get tickets to get in.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
  2. kinezumi89

kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

I live in Chicago and I still haven't been! My boyfriend and I plan to go for our five year anniversary next summer :)

3. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

I've been there a few times ( haha - I'm from California too Kinezumi! LOL ) and loved it!!! One could spend literally hours in that place!
    We have an aquarium in San Francisco and Monterey but definitely not as big as Shedd.

4. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Let me get this right... you went, spent the day there... and forgot a camera?

5. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

That was one mine and my husbands favorite places when we were dating 46 yrs ago :) see I was a fishy person even back then LOL
    It was terrific then and is a place every one needs to visit now.
    carol

6. OP
    OP
    freak78

No I took the camera but with chasing 3 kids around it was tough to take a whole lot. Only about 100.

7. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Soooo... where are the pictures at lady (dude? XD) you should know you can't tease us with knowing you went and not showing us the epicness :)

8. Tigress Hill

Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

You know we looooooove pictures!:photo:

9. Ziggi

ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

Piiiiiiiiicturesssssssssssss :drool: Especially since when I clicked this, I thought it was an aquarium the size of a shed ... then I thought it was several aquariums (tanks) in a shed ... Then I got confused and gave up thinking... SO! *chant* pic-tures! pic-tures! pic-tures!

10. kinezumi89

kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

This should clear things up ;)  

11. Gordinian

GordinianWell Known MemberMember

I remember going there when I was little, but I can't remember any of it :( I wasn't into fish back then, so I probably wasn't paying attention anyways!

And yes, we need pictures!

12. OP
    OP
    freak78

Ok I'm gonna download them today and I'll post the Best ones. We couldn't use flash in there due to the rules and I'm still working no figuring out this new camera and all it's settings.

13. Thermonectus

ThermonectusValued MemberMember

I went there last summer, and it was amazing! Beautiful displays, and sooo many of them! And I didn't even go to see the jellyfish!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice