Sharks

Stradius011

Which shark is better, Rainbow or Red Tailed?

Butterfly

Depends on the tank size and the other occupants of the tank. but depends most on which you like best
Carol

JMatt1983

i've got a red tail, currently in a 10 gallon( upgrading to 20 soon) with 2 tetras, 2 barbs and 2 platies, they get along extremely well, there was a bit of chasing at first, but now they swim side by side, even when feeding, which I have read is unusual for the red tail, but I believe that the only noticeable difference between a red tail and rainbow is the fin colouration, the rainbow having all red-orange fins

LarryDavid

Red Tail are way better....In my opinion

To be honest its what ever you like physically as they tend to be the same in normal behaviour ect

Stradius011

Which shark is hardier and and which needs less space?

JMatt1983

red tails are very territorial they need a cave to hide in a defend, if the red tail gets along with the tank mates extremely well, it may even share the cave, in my tank his cave is half a coconut shell, it has a small hole in the top of it that he likes to swim through all the time as he is still small enough to fit, but I believe that all sharks are semI aggresive and will defend they're territory, so either have a larger tank, or if you're limited, try to have as many hiding spots as possible for other fish

Puppypower

Hey

As the other guys have said, it comes down to what you like best. I like them both, though the red tail was the boss of my rainbows, but the rainbows constantly fought, which was awesome to watch, & fine for them.

I'd prefer a rainbow for your tank, I think they're generally less aggressive.

Pupps

justin

How can you tell if a black fin shark is pregnent ???

Stradius011

I don't think they breed in captivity..

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom