Shark adv internal filter good?

Tigerburp

Is it any good and what are some of its cons

BigManAquatics

I have heard good things in various places about the Shark internal filters, but never having used them or other internal filters myself, thats really all i got for ya.

theUMP

I have a Shark ADV400 in a 20 Long(left side of tank). It had to be mounted sideways because I have a very deep substrate. The filter is extremely easy to maintain. In between the two sponges, I have a bag of crushed coral. I also run a sponge filter in conjunction with the Shark. I believe in having more than one filtration system. The shark can also hold a Charcoal bag when needed and the larger units have addon canisters. VERY QUIET. I discovered the air bubbles will only work if mounted upright. I think you can't have a long line to draw in air??? ANYTHING made by Sicce is a great product. The Shark provides a nice consistent current and was safe with my shrimp as well (what was not safe was the beta Harem decided they liked shrimp one day after 6 months, gone all but two baby shrimp).

Attachments

• new location.JPG
    new location.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 4

Tigerburp

I have a Shark ADV400 in a 20 Long(left side of tank). It had to be mounted sideways because I have a very deep substrate. The filter is extremely easy to maintain. In between the two sponges, I have a bag of crushed coral. I also run a sponge filter in conjunction with the Shark. I believe in having more than one filtration system. The shark can also hold a Charcoal bag when needed and the larger units have addon canisters. VERY QUIET. I discovered the air bubbles will only work if mounted upright. I think you can't have a long line to draw in air??? ANYTHING made by Sicce is a great product. The Shark provides a nice consistent current and was safe with my shrimp as well (what was not safe was the beta Harem decided they liked shrimp one day after 6 months, gone all but two baby shrimp).
Great , I plan on using it in my 20 gallon too , did you have problems with the suction cups?

theUMP

Great , I plan on using it in my 20 gallon too , did you have problems with the suction cups?
They were easier to put on the mount wet. (will never come out) Good suction is provided and easy to maneuver in the tank and change the direction of flow. If it's a regular 20 you will be able to mount it vertically and provide air bubbles if you want. I got this filter because my 20G long was in a tight location below a 55G. The flow dial on top is very hard to move, I had to do it out of the tank.

Attachments

• SharkADV instructions.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 7

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Jimgr7
Replies
Views
GL098
Replies