Sharing pictures and video of my flowerhorn

Ruturaj

Reaction score
I had ordered him like a month ago, finally he arrived on Friday, got settled fast and now is enjoying his tank, I named him Mogambo

20200105_204653.jpg
20200105_204722.jpg

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lovely fish hope he does well for you

Corydork

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I dislike the obnoxious amount of colors on most flowerhorn (I’m colorblind so it can get confusing for me) but I love the white with the colorful marks on it. What variant is it?
That’s an absolutely amazing looking fish you’ve got there.

OP
R

Ruturaj

Reaction score
Corydork said:
I dislike the obnoxious amount of colors on most flowerhorn (I’m colorblind so it can get confusing for me) but I love the white with the colorful marks on it. What variant is it?
That’s an absolutely amazing looking fish you’ve got there.
Thank you. It's a kamfa.

Color and pearls have improved in last 2 weeks

Quick update

Attachments

CHJ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's a pretty fish.

Tez

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ruturaj said:
Thank you. So far so good.
Mogambo is stunning and I hope your able to get sleep taking on a job like that to keeping him entertained 24/7 ;)

OP
R

Ruturaj

Reaction score
Tez said:
Mogambo is stunning and I hope your able to get sleep taking on a job like that to keeping him entertained 24/7 ;)
Thank you. Lol, he's handful.

KribensisLover1

Well Known
Reaction score
Ruturaj said:
Thank you.
Your fish is ridic amazing. Like the coolest thing ever. What dI people mean when they say entertaining him? Is it a lot of upkeep? Also where did you order him from? The Ones near me have no horn and are brown lol.

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
SlvikanAKAMsWorryWart said:
Your fish is ridic amazing. Like the coolest thing ever. What dI people mean when they say entertaining him? Is it a lot of upkeep? Also where did you order him from? The Ones near me have no horn and are brown lol.
Brown?? Horn?? Lol. It is called a hump or kok.

KribensisLover1

Well Known
Reaction score
Amazoniantanklvr said:
Brown?? Horn?? Lol. It is called a hump or kok.
The flowerhorns horn lol. But I mean the ones I see at Petco and Petsmart have no hump and they aren’t brilliantly colored. When I saw this fish I knew it was a flowerhorn. At Petco and PetSmart I have to look and see that the store identifies these fish as flowerhorns bc they look nothing like that fish^^.

OP
R

Ruturaj

Reaction score
Thank you. It's very fun fish, always hungry and like a puppy. It's not a lot of up keep, he's alone in 40B, I feed him twice and I do weekly water changes. My aquarium water is not hard, so I add seachem replenish and trace, I will be soon switching to American cichlid salt instead of replenish. Care is same as any other central American cichlid.

I got him from a seller from Thailand. I wouldn't recommend him though. Better to buy from chris rounds, jay-r annoling or julie tran. Julie has a website called ea-imports which has nice fish.

Flowerhorn when little are brown/camouflage colored and gradually develop color and pearls. But at 2 inches if they don't show pearls then they hardly would get any. Mine is at around 4.5 inches.

The flowerhorns horn lol. But I mean the ones I see at Petco and Petsmart have no hump and they aren’t brilliantly colored. When I saw this fish I knew it was a flowerhorn. At Petco and PetSmart I have to look and see that the store identifies these fish as flowerhorns bc they look nothing like that fish^^.
True that flowerhorn were named after the black marking that looks like flowers and nuchal hump that can be called as horn. People rarely use that term.

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Amazing fish, it certainly looks like he is thriving

OP
R

Ruturaj

Reaction score
TWiG87 said:
Amazing fish, it certainly looks like he is thriving
Thank you. It's been a month and improvement is amazing. Initially he had traveled around half of the world so wasn't at his best though. Next few months would be interesting till he's growing.

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ruturaj said:
Thank you. It's been a month and improvement is amazing. Initially he had traveled around half of the world so wasn't at his best though. Next few months would be interesting till he's growing.
He’s a tough fish. Like you said, he should just keep improving from here

New Threads