Share your hobbies!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meenu, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I've been inspired by the barbeque thread. Please share hobbies (we already know the fishkeeping one), no matter how wacky they may be.

We don't care if you crochet or sky-dive, read books or write them... we're just interested in knowing what you like to do. Just keep it family-friendly.

Other than fishkeeping:

1) I enjoy obsessing about characters in books I read (Dr. Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park, Edward Cullen from Twilight, Vishous from the Black Dagger Brotherhood books.) I love to read in general, but usually nothing heavy.
    2) Shopping on ebay and amazon is fun, but shopping at the store is not.
    3) Going to the public library with my little boy. I have a lot of respect for the institution, and it is exciting for me to share my love for it with him, hopefully teaching him to love it too.
    4) I enjoy playing RPGs online, but with children and a full-time job, this is not something I really get to do much anymore. I thought the Sims were great fun!
    5) A newer hobby is homework and learning stuff with my little boy. Tomorrow I think we're going to the library to pick up a Magic Tree House book. I am not familiar with them, but I wanted to read chapter books to him, and Harry Potter is a little sophosticated for him. An online search suggested these Magic Tree House books as a good place to start.

share yours if you would like. :)

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Fishing, golfing, sailing, windsurfing, tennis, video games, cooking, and wasting time

3. OP
    OP
    Meenu

what kind of video games? I have a PS3 and a GBA.

4. b

brokenwing Well Known Member Member

Family, God, Hunting, Hiking, Friends, woodworking, bbq, and building computers.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  5. Jaysee

I have a PS2 and a Wii, but rarely play anything but the Wii anymore. None of my friends like to play me because they always lose - doesn't matter what game, or what system. I know I should just take a dive from time to time, but where's the fun in that?

I'm generally bored with traditional games, which is why I like the Wii.

6. Zenial

Zenial Valued Member Member

The Wii is awesome! It's my preferred system too! Trying to speed run New Super Mario Bros at the moment. Hehehe.

Wii, DSi, MMORPGs! I also do a little bit web development and mess with my linux box:;rocker

I know so so many people enjoy online shopping, but I personally think it's a downfall. I try to shop locally as much as possible - support local businesses. And I prefer to see, feel and try what I'm buying before I pass money over. Oh, and I've boycotted paypal, they have too much of a monopoly and they're a bad penny and code pinching company.

7. Jaysee

Did you get to 99 lives in the first world?

8. Zenial

Zenial Valued Member Member

I have heard about that, but I've never done it. Will try some time :)

9. Jaysee

I figured it out on my own. Just look for long ground stretches with turtles and lots of guys walking around. If you throw and run after a turtle shell, after like 5, each guy it knocks down gives you a 1 up. There are places like that all throughout the game.

10. gremlin

gremlin Well Known Member Member

Crocheting, jigsaw puzzles, reading, drawing, birds, fishing, gardening, bonzai, writing poems, cooking, collecting wood with my chainsaw, starting fires, coming up with crafts.

Hobbies that I don't get a chance to do (and would be difficult to do anymore) - camping, hiking, walking, biking, stream and lake fishing.

11. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

My husband and I both are in to motorcycles and riding......have been owned and loved by parrots for over 30 years,then of course all the dogs....lol.....love to sew,crosstich,and collect sharks-teeth on the beach(this one is my theropy...lol...)

12. R

Rhan Well Known Member Member

Reading, practising calligraphy, science (love learning new things, apart from fishlore, newscientist is one of my favourite sites ;) ), tennis, footy, (watching and having a kick here and there), watching Sci-Fi tv shows and movies (ohhhh, i shouldn't have started, LOVE Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Babylon 5, Star Trek, Firefly, the list goes on!) and pc gaming (I tend to love tycoon-based games).

I think that pretty much covers everything for me :) Any other sci-fi fans out there??? :;bmu

13. l

lanlesnee Well Known Member Member

I'm into collecting chainsaws. I love old riding mowers, wheelhorse, economy, etc. I'm big into guns also.
    I love long drives in the country.

14. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

You guys have interesting hobbies :D

Eating, surfing the internet, PC games, PS2, exploring, piano, guitar, song writing, and church.

Hobbies I dream: skydiving, flying a plane, island hopping, and wall climbing :)

15. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

My hobbies including playing PS2 (we're obsessed with Spyro around here-I know we're behind the times), reading, going places with my daughter (the mall, Medieval Times, horseback riding, Renaissance Festival, taking the dogs to the dog park, bird shows), watching movies, and I get a great amount of joy and therapy from spending time with and taking care all of our animals and creating better habitats for them.

16. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Boating, Fishing, Painting..watercolors, cooking AND Grandkids here on the beach!!!

17. Slug

Slug Well Known Member Member

Playing World of Warcraft, building computers, watching movies, photoshop and very simple graphic design, collecting guns, anything car related (American muscle cars). Also anything to do with outside camping, backpacking, fishing, etc.

18. CHoffman

CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

We love summer!! We go biking, swimming, camping (just bought a boat for this year!!) Kids are old enough now. kinda..lol. We love cave exploring so do the kids, we only go on tours though with them. Working on the house, wood work, fish, fostering for our humane society, going to the park and on walks. We spend lots of time outside and anytime we aren't working (which is most of the time..lol) we are playing. We try to play harder then we work but it's hard..lol.

19. Shaina

Shaina Well Known Member Member

Hiking/Backpacking
    Canoeing/Kayaking (longer trips w/ portage etc.)
    Reading & Researching
    Canine performance sports (agility, obedience, tracking, etc.)
    Running (keeps me sane)
    Cross stitch
    Gardening - starting to get into sustainable heritage seed gardening

20. OP
    OP
    Meenu

You guys have some cool hobbies. I took a crochet class once. I was the only one in the class to finish the assignment (a blanket made of granny squares.) In college, I used to cross-stitch. So I guess I can do a little bit of creative stuff, but mostly, that's beyond me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice