Share your fish! “Chain post” edition?

Dewclaw83

This was kinda a trend on tiktok but I thought it might be fun to do a fish version with pictures or something. The questions pertain fish you already own

So tell me your:
Favorite fish:
Least favorite fish:
Newest fish:
Oldest fish:
Biggest fish:
Smallest fish:
Most expensive fish (don’t have to say how much):
An impulse buy fish:
Prettiest fish:
Shyest fish:

Fish, inverts, corals, any animal is fine to list.... if one fish applies to more than one category you can combine them (or not) or if you don’t have something that satisfies a category, you can exclude it. Whatever you want! Just have fun with it

Here are my answers (as examples)
Favorite fish:
Crow - he’s my buddy that goes to school with me. I just love him and he always seems so excited to see me when I get back from class (I know he just wants food but....)

Least favorite fish:
Camilla - I have no idea why but, she’s just like some kind of bad luck talisman that brings disaster to any of her tank mates. She’s super sweet and tolerant though

Newest fish:
The glassfish - I ordered 6, one was DOA and two of the others are iffy, but they’re quite pretty and I’m looking forward to keeping them

Oldest fish:
The Tetra - I’ve had this guy long enough I don’t recall when I got him. He’s the last of his school, and I don’t really want more black long skirt tetras, so he’s all alone, though I try to keep him with other schooling fish and he seems to do okay. Though he has a penchant for starting fights he can’t win, hence the condition of his tail. Despite having him for years, I’ve never settled on a name I like - hence he’s The Tetra

Biggest fish:
Friday - she is recently deceased due to dropsy (I know I said fish you currently own... but I had planned on using her for this category prior to her illness) She’s another of my older fish, and she’s grown to a whopping 3.5” (including fins) which is pretty dang big for a betta!

Smallest fish:
Neons - I plan on getting some smaller fish, but as it stands the neons are the smallest I have, and they’re just such adorable little critters to have around!

Titan - the Betta mahachaiensis is what got me interested in the wild bettas, so I definitely spent the most on this guy. He’s show quality - though I don’t plan on showing as of now - and from the green goblin bloodline

An impulse buy fish:
Sunny - I’d seen this guy at my LFS store many times and thought he was just gorgeous. I kept telling myself no, I didn’t need another betta. Then he went on sale because he wasn’t looking too hot and I just had to get him. I love him and he’s one of my mother’s favorites as well. Money well spent!

Prettiest fish:
Lemy - I saw him online and just had to have him. The blue on the yellow is like the most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen. I know it’s subjective, but his pics are doing quite well in the photo contest so I assume he must be at least a little pretty to others as well! Before I got him, I might’ve said my electric blue ram

Shyest fish:
Blondie - My clown pleco. He’s been coming out more recently to take advantage of an algae bloom, but usually I only see him if I turn the lights on at night lol - he’s a cutie though (Bad pic, but it’s so hard to get pics of him!)

Feohw

Favorite fish:
Samson - male Bolivian ram. Always coloured up to impress his three ladies, very personable and peaceful.

Least favorite fish:
I guess my guppy - though I don't really dislike him. He's the most troublesome fish I have. Killed at least 7 other guppies and 2 peacock gudgeons.

Newest fish:
I haven't bought any fish in quite a while. The newest was my Apistogramma honglsoI I believe - deceased. He was full to the brI'm with personality and very pretty.

Oldest fish:
My neon tetra.

Biggest fish:
Eel-tailed banjo catfish. Most of her size is her tail as its very long. But she's begun to beef up a little recently. Very big girl when compared to the rest of the fish in the tank. I believe she's around 7 inches if not a little bigger.

Smallest fish:
Celestial pearl danios. Can't ever get pictures of the hyper-active little guys.
Eel-tailed banjo catfish.

An impulse buy fish:
Whiptail catfish. Really fell in love with the little guy when I first saw him. He's the most active and visible catfish I have. So I'm very happy I went ahead with the purchase.

Prettiest fish:
I think my Samson is the prettiest.

Shyest fish:
Starlight pleco. One of my oldest fish and yet I barely ever see him out from under the driftwood. If he is out during the day he makes a mad dash for it when I make any movement at all. Still love him. Probably my second favourite fish. Of course to show how shy he is, in this picture he is showing his discomfort with my presence by displaying stress patterns.

Crispii

Favorite fish: Altum Angelfish
Least favorite fish: Pearl GouramI
Newest fish:
Sparkling GouramI
Oldest fish:
Male Betta (first fish that I kept)
Biggest fish:
Altum Angelfish
Smallest fish:
Sparkling GouramI
Altum Angelfish
An impulse buy fish:
Sparkling GouramI
Prettiest fish:
Betta hendra
Shyest fish:
Betta hendra

Dewclaw83

Feohw said:
Favorite fish:
Samson - male Bolivian ram. Always coloured up to impress his three ladies, very personable and peaceful.

Least favorite fish:
I guess my guppy - though I don't really dislike him. He's the most troublesome fish I have. Killed at least 7 other guppies and 2 peacock gudgeons.

Newest fish:
I haven't bought any fish in quite a while. The newest was my Apistogramma honglsoI I believe - deceased. He was full to the brI'm with personality and very pretty.

Oldest fish:
My neon tetra.

Biggest fish:
Eel-tailed banjo catfish. Most of her size is her tail as its very long. But she's begun to beef up a little recently. Very big girl when compared to the rest of the fish in the tank. I believe she's around 7 inches if not a little bigger.

Smallest fish:
Celestial pearl danios. Can't ever get pictures of the hyper-active little guys.
Eel-tailed banjo catfish.

An impulse buy fish:
Whiptail catfish. Really fell in love with the little guy when I first saw him. He's the most active and visible catfish I have. So I'm very happy I went ahead with the purchase.

Prettiest fish:
I think my Samson is the prettiest.

Shyest fish:
Starlight pleco. One of my oldest fish and yet I barely ever see him out from under the driftwood. If he is out during the day he makes a mad dash for it when I make any movement at all. Still love him. Probably my second favourite fish. Of course to show how shy he is, in this picture he is showing his discomfort with my presence by displaying stress patterns.
Omg your fish are so crazy and cool! I love them all!!! I love the colors and shapes!

Dewclaw83

I was curious so I asked my mom which of my fish was her favorite... she said Oppie - my elephant ear female, because she has “jazz hands” lol

I also asked my boyfriend, he said my baby betta that has no tail (It gets around fine, so I see no need to cull it) but I don’t have a pic of her unfortunately

MacZ

With two species in my tank and all looking pretty much identical it's not that interesting to show pictures.
"Oh, another cardinal/cory." is boring.

Dewclaw83

MacZ said:
With two species in my tank and all looking pretty much identical it's not that interesting to show pictures.
"Oh, another cardinal/cory." is boring.
Says who?! I’d still love to see them!

FinalFins

Favorite fish: Otocinclus
Least favorite fish: Bettas. Lacking mush personality.
Newest fish: Java loaches/lemon tetras.
Oldest fish: one of my bettas
Biggest fish: Bolivian ram
Smallest fish: celestial pearl danio
Most expensive fish (don’t have to say how much): celestial pearl danios
An impulse buy fish: Bettas.
Prettiest fish: Celestial pearl danio.
Shyest fish: Celestial pearl danio.

Dewclaw83

I’m going to give this a little bump since we’re doing “I’m quarantined and bored” posts rn

Pythia

Favorite fish:
Kitty- my false julii cory

Least favorite fish:
Ooh, this one's a hard decision, Monarch-my cobra guppy (He's kind of just like... dunno, just there and doesn't do anything.)

Newest Fish:
Neptune-my butterfly halfmoon betta. Thanks for those who helped me name him!

Oldest Fish:
Kitty-my false julii cory.(Still!)

Biggest Fish:
Neptune-my betta

Smallest Fish:
My six juvenile harlequin rasboras.

Most expensive fish:
Honestly, I don't know.
Most impulsive fish:
Still Neptune-my betta.

Prettiest fish:
Still Neptune.
Shyest fish:
Still Kitty

Dewclaw83

Cobra507 said:
Favorite fish:
Kitty- my false julii cory

Least favorite fish:
Ooh, this one's a hard decision, Monarch-my cobra guppy (He's kind of just like... dunno, just there and doesn't do anything.)

Newest Fish:
Neptune-my butterfly halfmoon betta. Thanks for those who helped me name him!

Oldest Fish:
Kitty-my false julii cory.(Still!)

Biggest Fish:
Neptune-my betta

Smallest Fish:
My six juvenile harlequin rasboras.

Most expensive fish:
Honestly, I don't know.
Most impulsive fish:
Still Neptune-my betta.

Prettiest fish:
Still Neptune.
Shyest fish:
Still Kitty
Nice! I’m so glad someone else picked up this thread! You have some lovely fish!

Pythia

erinw347

Bringing this back.

Favorite fish: My BN pleco Jamal, or one of my kuhlis Bandit
Least favorite fish: My peppered cory Saguaro. He’s fine, but he’s just kind of there.
Newest fish: My rabbit snail, Cone Head
Oldest fish: One of my bronze corys, Lamborghini
Biggest fish: Jamal the BN
Smallest fish: Shrimplets
Most expensive fish (don’t have to say how much): I have no clue, I don’t think I’ve bought anything over $7. Probably my Blue velvet shrimp.
An impulse buy fish: A guppy that died the next day
Prettiest fish: Probably my endlers
Shyest fish: All of my kuhlis for sure.

MomeWrath

Favorite fish: Corky, my BRP

Least favorite fish: My laetacara dorsigera. Hide all the time, not that pretty to begin with, thereby taking up valuable fish capacity.

Newest fish: My shubunkin in my little outdoor pond...no pics of them tho they are too shy still.

Oldest fish: A glolight tetra in my dughters ten gallon. He's at least five years old now and no sign of slowing...
Biggest fish: Corky for sure
Smallest fish: The aforementioned glolight tetra
Most expensive fish (don’t have to say how much): The aforementioned shubunkin...but $9 isn't much compared to some of the saltwater fish I used to have. I also swore I'd never pay $40 for a fish again.
An impulse buy fish: This. Dad-gum. Convict...Karen... But she is also my prettiest fish:
Prettiest fish:

Shyest fish:

stupid laetacara

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom