Share Your Early Scapes And Today's Scape

WetRootsNH

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi there all,

I am amazed that my share your close ups post has gone on for as long as it has and in that spirit I came up with another idea after going through some of my old photos.
Many of us in this hobby can not leave well enough alone when it comes to our tanks scape and I believe that most of us have an early idea of what a good layout looks like when we first come into the hobby and that idea changes rather quickly when we become more experienced. For me, I came in thinking I liked decorations and now, I love the look of a planted tank.
So, please share you earliest tank photos and what the tank/s you have now look/s like.

This is my 55 gallon when I first entered that hobby a few years back.
DSC_0097.JPG

This was a little later in progression:

DSC_0115.JPG

This is my favorite scape of mine so far (upgraded to a 75 gallon):

20170520_141223.jpg

And this is how it looks today:

20171219_182045.jpg

Sebastian Perdomo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
What a transformation!

These are my pictures. I don’t have any pictures of my freshwater early early on, probably because it was just a goldfish and a poop awuascape with a fake plant and blue gravel. Since, I’ve added wood, and even some authentic Tree wood that I picked up in Cuba since I went. I’ve added amazon sword plant and diffferent fish and now my tank is very stable and settled, my blue Platy gave birth out of nowhere and I noticed a faily big fry the other day, the big fish are gentle with it, and it swims with the bigger fish now. My saltwater aquarium started October, this is where it is today.

Attachments

WetRootsNH

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sebastian Perdomo said:
These are my pictures. I don’t have any pictures of my freshwater early early on, probably because it was just a goldfish and a poop awuascape with a fake plant and blue gravel. Since, I’ve added wood, and even some authentic Tree wood that I picked up in Cuba since I went. I’ve added amazon sword plant and diffferent fish and now my tank is very stable and settled, my blue Platy gave birth out of nowhere and I noticed a faily big fry the other day, the big fish are gentle with it, and it swims with the bigger fish now. My saltwater aquarium started October, this is where it is today.
Gorgeous! I really like how vibrant the blue substrate looks with the green in the plants!
Did customs give you a hard time about the wood from Cuba?
The saltwater transformation is amazing too. It looks like it was done very tastefully which I think can be difficult in a salt tank. I have seen many that look a bit like a circus with everything thrown in all willynilly. I kind of have that issue with my planted tank and I feel like I need to dial it back a bit with all the varieties.

Sebastian Perdomo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Act
ghostlybosun said:
Gorgeous! I really like how vibrant the blue substrate looks with the green in the plants!
Did customs give you a hard time about the wood from Cuba?
The saltwater transformation is amazing too. It looks like it was done very tastefully which I think can be difficult in a salt tank. I have seen many that look a bit like a circus with everything thrown in all willynilly. I kind of have that issue with my planted tank and I feel like I need to dial it back a bit with all the varieties.
Actually , customs didn’t check for the wood. I think if the wood would’ve had pests or whatnot the dog would’ve sniffed it out but we rinsed it in Cuba really well. My mom also took a 4 foot price of wood that I later made a stand for and now it’s a price of furniture in our living room. I think customs was more concerned about immigration. If you do this don’t put it in your cart on, because the Cuban police did a “random search” on my bookbag but they are better about not getting into your luggage.

I actually really like the variety you have in your planted tank, I’d even add some red ones here and there to give it pops of color because sometimes too much green can be unappealing.

WetRootsNH

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Funny that you would say that about the red plants. There are actually two kinds in there that I am hoping will grow out soon.
You can't see then in the picture because they are so small but on the back left there is a barclaya longifolia, and on the right in the big open space, is some rotala wallichi. I also really want some ludwigia senegalensis.

Missy71

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So I made the switch from gravel to sand. I love it! Can’t wait to do my other tanks now!
IMG_3318.JPG
IMG_3344.JPG

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom