Share Your 10 Gallon Tank Photos :-)

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by Suzanne2, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Suzanne2Valued MemberMember

I would love to see everyone's 10 gallon thank photos (5-15 gallon can sneak in too I guess ;)). I need some inspiration for smaller tank aquascaping or decorating.

I'm about to redo a 10 gallon tank and have been looking all over the forum at photos of tanks for ideas. I'm planning on going for a natural look myself, but anything you guys have will surly give some inspiration to me or someone else down the road. Thanks!

I have some Canadian waterweed - Elodea canadensis, and some carpeting plants I bought but can't remember the name.. oops, Also some dwarf water lettuce, and duckweed. Keeping it simple for now.
    I will be using light color sand over dirt and locally found rocks and driftwood.

My fish are 2 baby green sunfish and one minnow (all 3 are very small still). Pond snails and copepods will be added too.

2. SmalltownfishfriendWell Known MemberMember

Here is my 15...:)IMG_20190321_165023.jpg

3. WTFish?Well Known MemberMember

Here is my 10...
    [​IMG]

4. IcewolfNew MemberMember

This is my 10 gallon, I know you said more natural but I figured someone might get some insperation from our sunken ship theme. It currently houses a Tangerine Crayfish, a couple ghost shrimp and some duckweed. I would put more plants in there but Natsu the crayfish likes to eat it, you should see him attempting to catch the duckweed on top, it's pretty funny.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  5. GiulWell Known MemberMember

Here’s my 10. I have to thin out my duckweed because you can barely see the tree on the right side

Attached Files:

6. Suzanne2Valued MemberMember

Your photo didn't show up, just an broken image symbol.. would love to see your sunken ship theme. Maybe try uploading again?
    My crayfish used to do the same thing when younger guess duckweed isn't to her taste now that she is growing up, Lol!

@Smalltownfishfriend @WTFish? @Giul those tanks are great!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2019
  7. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

It's not a ten gallon, but I think it still is good inspiration, here is my five gallon betta tank.
    155162479495300297.jpg

8. Suzanne2Valued MemberMember

@Fanatic Nice tank! And your fish is such a stunning red color!

9. IcewolfNew MemberMember

I think I fixed it. :emoji_fingers_crossed: it works.

10. Suzanne2Valued MemberMember

Cool tank! That ship is perfect for a crayfish!

11. IcewolfNew MemberMember

Thanks, its fun watching him climb around inside and all over the top of it. The kids love it, they actually picked it out, I wanted more of a driftwood kinda deal but wasn't my tank.

12. JustinCGValued MemberMember

@Giul, with all that duckweed, do you have any problems getting light to all the other plants below or do you just prune them all the time?

13. Suzanne2Valued MemberMember

My 5 gallon tank is getting pretty well choked off with duckweed just like @Giul i just have to keep scooping it out regularly. You can se the roots from duckweed and dwarf water lettuce are everywhere! I need to trim everything in here but have kinda been waiting until I get the 10 gallon set up so I can transplant them into it. Those are the 3 fish who are excitedly waiting for an upgrade (after they got kicked out of the 29 gallon by a snappy crayfish).
    20190327_191023.jpg

14. GiulWell Known MemberMember

Exactly like Suzanne2 said, I regularly take out my extra duckweed but so far my plants below haven’t minded too much. I heard red eared turtles love to eat duckweed so I’m trying to convince my Aunt to try feeding some to hers so that it doesn’t go to waste

15. IcewolfNew MemberMember

I just ordered a bunch of duckweed for my cray and he's eaten close to half of it in 24 hours, so might be an option to get rid of the duckweed if you have a crayfish or know someone who does. Just a thought. I also heard it makes good compost.

16. GiulWell Known MemberMember

Hmm, good ideas! I’ll ask around if anyone has crayfish, I’ve never kept them so I had no idea that they eat it. Worst case scenario I’ll add it to my family’s compost bin

17. JustinCGValued MemberMember

I have the good old light that came with my aquarium package. Haha I need a better light. Is duckweed a medium or high level light requirement?

18. Suzanne2Valued MemberMember

My duckweed barely survived under the original pathetic aquarium LED light. I had only a teaspoons worth left alive by the time I upgraded my light! But after adding some new LED the duckweed just took off and now it's everywhere!! I bought really inexpensive Aquaneat lights on eBay they are on Amazon too. Here is my DIY setup, its super fancy :p Just scooped duckweed out recently too.
    20190328_095811.jpg20190328_095939.jpg

19. JustinCGValued MemberMember

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2019
  20. Suzanne2Valued MemberMember

Since it is just a 5 gallon tank (small lid) I cut a hole in the lid and glued the light on top so it would not get moisture dripping onto it..