shaking tiger barb

Discussion in 'Tiger Barb' started by preid, Apr 15, 2006.

1. preidNew MemberMember

I have a nice tank set up and no casualties in the 4 months it has been set up. All levels are normal. Within the tank are 4 tiger Barbs, The largest of the 4 is being chased by the medium sized barb who I have noticed has started to hide in the low plants and frantically shake his tail !!! Is there something wrong or is this a behavioural trend or even a mating sign ???

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

The one thats being chased is stressed thats why it's hiding. This can lead to disease.Do you have anyplace to move it to? Maybe add some more plants to hide in?
    Carol

3. preidNew MemberMember

Thanks, The fish does look very stressed, as I mentioned its one of the smaller of 4 barbs that is chasing the others continually, it has only been doing it for the past few days. Why has the fish suddenly become aggressive when it has been quite placid for the past 4 months ??Would it be easier to take back the aggressive fish ??

4. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

What size tank s this and what else is in it? Could you post your water testing results please? Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate?
    Carol

5. preidNew MemberMember

The tank is 63 litres with 4 tiger barbs all under 2 inches , 5 neons , 3 swordtails ( 1 male 2 females ) 3 golden barbs. Plenty of hiding places and plants... The only disrupttive fish and only in the last week has been the 1 tiger barb, it only seems to chase the other tiger barbs.. Assistance gratefully recieved

6. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Thats just a little over 16 gallons, so your tank is stocked. Maybe the best thing you could do for the tank is to give away the aggressive fish.
    Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice