Shaking fish

1. Joeyfishguy Member Member

My fish were fine yesterday living and happy and today they are hiding and shaking in the back, I did a 50% water change yesterday and added alil algae fix and then I did another 50% today bc I thought maybe I added to much algae fix and they still seem unhappy all of a sudden

2. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

Is your water temperature in there range?

3. Joeyfishguy Member Member

So I had ich and it was at 88 now it's at 80 so I'm not sure if it's the recent temp change

It's at 82° and I just shut the light off and now they are swimming happy

4. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

Do you have a cat? My cat Likes to torment my fish

5. Joeyfishguy Member Member

No cat, it's so werid now that the light is off they are fine

6. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

How long have you had these fish?

7. Joeyfishguy Member Member

They are my (sorry if it's cruel) cycling fish and have been in here for 2 months

8. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Not at all, fish-in cycling isn't a bad thing.

And wow I was gonna say perhaps they're getting comfortable but if they've been there a while then I'm not sure what's up. Fish are really weird sometimes. If they seem happier with lights off, then maybe leave lights off for now and try to determine what is scaring them.

9. Joeyfishguy Member Member

Thanks, yeah maybe bc I did the last two water changes with the light on they are scared I'll do another

10. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Anything else you've changed recently? Decorations?

11. happygolucky Well Known Member Member

Test your pH, kH and GH. Any differences from usual? What kind of fish? Hardwater loving fish like mollies will "shimmy" if the mineral content in their water is too low.

Algaefix is probably not good for your fish or bacteria in your filter. Stop using it and I'd do a couple more water changes (once you have your pH stuff sorted out) to get it all out.