Sexing turquoise Rainbowfish

Joshper126

I was wondering what sex my 2 turquoise Rainbowfish are any idea?

AGAqua

The males are the prettier fish usually. So I'm guessing the one on the left with more color is the male.

Amazoniantanklvr

GlennO is pretty good with rainbows if I remember.

GlennO

Actually JettsPapa has more recent experience with that species (I kept them about 20yrs ago) but I would say certainly a male on left and the one on right is most likely female (or very young male but that's unlikely if from the same batch).

Joshper126

GlennO said:
Actually JettsPapa has more recent experience with that species (I kept them about 20yrs ago) but I would say certainly a male on left and the one on right is most likely female (or very young male but that's unlikely if from the same batch).
I bought them at different times I thought it was a female but recently I’ve been thinking it’s a male because it seems to be chasing the one on the left

JettsPapa

I've only been keeping them for a few weeks, so this is little better then a guess, but the body shapes and the yellowish coloring make me think the brighter colored one is female and the other one male. It's difficult to go by just color because of how rapidly they can change. Again, I've only been keeping them for a very short time, so I'm no kind of authority.

Latest threads

Top Bottom