jprime84

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
313.jpg

314.jpg

315.jpg

In the mornings, the 3rd fish gets more colorful and chases around the other two. Their colors have been developing every day since I got them from the store early this week.

dvc_r

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It's hard to tell in these pics but I THINK you have two females and a male. They will get more color the longer they're in your tank. The more comfortable and the older they get, the more color they'll become. My adult male gets really colorful when he's "frisky". Not only does the yellow get brighter, but his blue get so dark it almost appears purple. I also have Marci Rainbows (Melanotaenia marci), and as they get older their whole back turns almost a florescent orange.

Attachments

Last edited:

JennDFK

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The third one certainly looks like a male. The first looks female. The second is harder to tell. It's color is more subdued, but it's top fins are close together like in males. It has been a while. What do they look like now?
Rainbows are really fun to watch as they grow and change colors.

MissMTS

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
#3 looks like a male and #'s 1 and 2 look like females. It will be easier to tell as they get bigger. Congrats on the new rainbows. I love Boesmanis They are my favorite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom