Sexing Red Zebras Help

Discussion in 'African Cichlids' started by brice131, Jun 10, 2019.

1. brice131Valued MemberMember

IMG_0266.jpgIMG_0265.jpg

2. brice131Valued MemberMember

The bigger one is like really orange and the other is more pink

3. brice131Valued MemberMember

@Demeter do you know what sex these are? both have 2 egg spots. The first picture, it is a light orange/pink but the other one is a bright pretty orange and pretty hefty.

4. brice131Valued MemberMember

5. NavyChief20Well Known MemberMember

Tough to tell with zebras. They can be the same color and same features. Male and female have egg spots. Only true way is to vent them.

6. brice131Valued MemberMember

Ok I never done that before. So if both holes are about the same size it’s a male but different size holes it’s a female?

7. NavyChief20Well Known MemberMember

This might help

8. DemeterFishlore VIPMember

How does it behave? Digging pits and defending an area? I agree, you should vent them. Usually it’s easy to tell when they are around 3in, the females will have one hole larger than the other.

I’ve had fish I thought for sure were one gender but ended up being the other. That may have been me hoping for one thing and ignoring the obvious signs ;)

9. brice131Valued MemberMember

The big one is the first or second most dominant. Acts like a dude if you ask me. The pinkish one may be to young to tell. It is taking forever to grow. Usually my other ones grew at a good pace but not this one and idk why