Question Sexing Red Devil

Bdriver55

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
IMG_4028.jpg
IMG_4026.jpg

At first I thought this was a male until I notice some female have a bit of a hump as well eventually might want to get a mate but I am having a hard time sexing can someone help me out

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think you have a very pretty "Creamsicle" Midevil. She has a more streamlined build as compared to a male. It's probably still too early to positively ID gender.

OP
B

Bdriver55

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A201 said:
I think you have a very pretty "Creamsicle" Midevil. She has a more streamlined build as compared to a male. It's probably still too early to positively ID gender.
Okay, I’m alright with the Midevil I know most of them have some type of mixture. It took me forever to find this color and I wanted to get started looking for a mate the same color but if I’m not sure if I’m looking for male or female that doesn’t work lol

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
One way or another you scored a very nice looking one. Unless you buy a wild caught Red Devil, most farm raised are part Midas. It probably won't take long to determine gender. If it starts biting your hand while cleaning the tank, likely male. Lol.

OP
B

Bdriver55

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A201 said:
One way or another you scored a very nice looking one. Unless you buy a wild caught Red Devil, most farm raised are part Midas. It probably won't take long to determine gender. If it starts biting your hand while cleaning the tank, likely male. Lol.
Lol. not sure if I should test that theory but the tank does need to be cleaned lol

New Threads