Sexing Powder Blue

Leinalou

Here is my big guy... any thoughts? Fin shape made me think male but I really don't know.
IMG_1554.jpg
IMG_1556.jpg
IMG_1555.jpg

Thank you!

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
I haven't kept them, but everything I've read here says that dwarf gouramis are sexed by color more than fin shape, with females being a drab grayish color and rarely available in stores in the US. Considering all that, I think it's pretty safe to say you're right and yours is a male.

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known
JettsPapa said:
I haven't kept them, but everything I've read here says that dwarf gouramis are sexed by color more than fin shape, with females being a drab grayish color and rarely available in stores in the US. Considering all that, I think it's pretty safe to say you're right and yours is a male.
Powder Blue are the exception to that being similar coloured to the males however I agree that it’s a male. Fin shape/size as well as the strong looking red colouration on the caudal and analfins.

johnbetta

Well Known
it is a male going on colour and the dorsal fin haveing a sharp point if it was female it would be a creamy colour and the dorsal fin is fan shaped in the girl

New Threads