Sexing Pearl Gourami

SarahBear1009

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I know these questions are asked a lot. I have kept gouramis before, but I recently had to re-home my Opaline.
I was looking for a more peaceful gouramI as I just love them, and saw these beauties.
Could you tell me if I have a male and female?
Apologies for the glass glare.
Also, if they are male and female, the one I believe is male (the one with all the orange) chases the other sometimes. Sometimes they swim together, check each other out, and get a long in general. But sometimes, they are on opposite ends of the tank (the male hiding more than the female), or give chase.
Should I add one more female? Or are two ok? I don't want to mess the dynamics up between them.

Thanks everyone!!
20190421_145340.jpg
20190421_144824.jpg

AngryRainbow

Well Known
Reaction score
Looks like male and female to me. I believe the typical recommendation is 2 females for 1 male, as when they mature the male will harass the female, and it gives the female a break if his attention is divided

OP
SarahBear1009

SarahBear1009

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
AngryRainbow said:
Looks like male and female to me. I believe the typical recommendation is 2 females for 1 male, as when they mature the male will harass the female, and it gives the female a break if his attention is divided
That's what I thought. Luckily these are readily available to me, so I'll pick up another female tomorrow

New Threads