Sexing My Mollies

emfish

HI guys,

Usually I am really good at sexing fish. I know how it works and everything but there's a few of my mollies that I just cannot decide with. Sometimes they look like girls and other times they look like boys haha. Can someone advise.

I have an all boy tank and they are with the girls ATM so wanna move them if they are boys

I have attached s x

The one in the first pic is also the bottom one in the 2nd pic and is also the same fish in the 4th and 5th pic, I just cannot tell haha

emfish

And this fish please, looks like a boy but its not COMPLETELY straight.... x

mattgirl

Do you ever see their bottom fin spread out? If not then I would have to say both of the ones you are asking about are boys.

I just wish my juveniles would stay still long enough for me to be able to check them

emfish

Theres actually 3 fish in the pics haha, they all look so similar, I will just move them over to the boys tank and see how the boys act towards them. thank you!x

mattgirl

emfish said:
Theres actually 3 fish in the pics haha, they all look so similar, I will just move them over to the boys tank and see how the boys act towards them. thank you!x
Just be prepared to get them out quickly if you don't want babies They really do look like boys to me though.

emfish

I know... I have soooo many babies, hence why I now have 2 tanks, one for boys and one for girls haha, sometimes I can tell, like with my tiny fry I have moved over to my 55 gallon, but these ones I must've missed.... x

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom