Sexing Kribensis

fish 321

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It will be easyer if you got a picture of them in the tank after they colored up.

fish 321

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Also what species are they?

LoganKarl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
fish 321 said:
Also what species are they?
I will take more pictures later then! Hoping I have a breeding pair.

They were sold to me as "Kribensis Dwarf African cichlids" although my LFS has had the name wrong on a few different fish

JustinCG

Valued Member
Reaction score
The dorsal and analfins on the outer two looked pretty pointed makes me believe the two are male

fish 321

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
JustinCG said:
The dorsal and analfins on the outer two looked pretty pointed makes me believe the two are male
I agree the outer ones do look like males the middle one has no spots on the tail so it may be a female. Some species are harder to identify than others.

LoganKarl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
fish 321 said:
I agree the outer ones do look like males the middle one has no spots on the tail so it may be a female. Some species are harder to identify than others.
Thanks all for the replys!

They are settling into their new set up well I think. It's crazy how much more color they got once I put them in the tank. Attached are the best pics of them I could get so far.

Attachments

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are all males, including the one without spots in the fins. He has the pointed ventrals of a male, and that is the only 100% accurate way to sex Pelvicachromis species.

JustinCG

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yep agree all the new pics are male

LoganKarl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
chromedome52 said:
They are all males, including the one without spots in the fins. He has the pointed ventrals of a male, and that is the only 100% accurate way to sex Pelvicachromis species.
JustinCG said:
Yep agree all the new pics are male
Thanks for the tips! Hopefully my LFS will get more in and I can find a female. And hope I can tell when I pick one out haha

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom