Drakon

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
IMG_7234.JPG
IMG_7236.JPG
IMG_7238.JPG
IMG_7239.JPG

Can anyone tell what gender my honey gouramI is? I know it’s a baby which makes it more difficult to tell. (Btw I’m going to get 2 more and know I can only have one male)

OP
Drakon

Drakon

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That’s what I was thinking too. I’m definitely going to try to get 2 females soon, if I accidentally ended up with a male would they be able to coexist or would I have to return the second male? (Just trying to come up with a back up plan as I’m not always confident in sexing and lord knows most petco employees are hopeless)

Gourami36

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I would buy from a lfs (if you have one). If not and petco is your only choice try to pick ones with round dorsal fins.

OP
Drakon

Drakon

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Gourami36 said:
I would buy from a lfs (if you have one). If not and petco is your only choice try to pick ones with round dorsal fins.
Yeah, petco and petsmart are the only ones within a 30 minute drive from me :/ I’ll definitely do my best! I’ve read that honey gouramis are generally more peaceful, but it’s still not a good idea to keep two males correct?

Gourami36

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
2 males might fight but I think you could keep 3 males. Just not 2 males and a female. What tank size will they be in?

OP
Drakon

Drakon

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Gourami36 said:
2 males might fight but I think you could keep 3 males. Just not 2 males and a female. What tank size will they be in?
29 gallons. I have 6 big silk plants, 2 small silk plants, one big hide, one fake wood arch, and some small fake hollow logs. The tank is completely cycled and has 7 black skirt tetras and 3 bronze cories ( I’m getting at leas 3 more as soon as my store gets them in)

New Threads