Sexing guppy

Csyeoh98

I am struggling with the analfin sexing stuff
Is their analfin looks like female ones before they develop?
Their parents are both light in colour no black at all but it's father has orange and rainbow color
Is my guppy fry still too young to develop its gonopodium and colour
Or they are all just female?
Can't really on the gravid spot cuz they look like they all have gravid spot zz
They are a month and 3 weeks old

kattiq

Usually females also have a bigger belly too . There are a few in there that seem to have a smoother belly and the female's belly is way more pronounced.
Also love how that one guppy keeps staring at your camera. Haha

Csyeoh98

kattiq said:
Usually females also have a bigger belly too . There are a few in there that seem to have a smoother belly and the female's belly is way more pronounced.
Also love how that one guppy keeps staring at your camera. Haha
You are saying that I have male fry?
But their analfin all looks like fan shape is that normal?

kattiq

Csyeoh98 said:
You are saying that I have male fry?
But their analfin all looks like fan shape is that normal?
No I'm saying what the females mainly look like. It looks like a lot of them on the left of the picture are females, and then one or 2 on the right are males. It might be harder to identify right now since they are still fry.

Csyeoh98

When will their gonopodium start to develop or if they are male their analfin will born like pointed fin already? Cuz all of them have a fan Shape fin until now
And they are 2 months old have no colour at all

emeraldking

With most livebearers, male offspring develop the male traits at different ages. In the beginning all male offspring do look like females with the exception of a gravid spot. That's quite normal. There are males that will develop the male traits when they're 4-6 weeks and 2-4 months but there are also livebearers that show the traits when they're 8-12 months. It really depends on the kind of livebearers and even within the same batch of offspring, the time that each male offspring develop the male traits differ per individual male.

JB92668

females have a fan shaped anul fin males have a sword type annual fin

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom