Sexing Guppy Fry

BubbleCat

I've looked through a few posts on the same topic, but none of them really helped me. This is my first time with baby fish and boy do I have a lot. I've separated the adult males from the females, though, so hopefully I don't get too many more. Both are in separate ten gallon tanks. 3 males, 5 females and a month old baby that I'm pretty sure is female. The rest are anywhere from a week to three weeks, four were born half black, a few more have been getting darker on their back half, some have brownish gold colors developing and the rest haven't gotten any color yet. There's just so many that I need to get rid of some, but I don't want to accidentally give anyone both males and females if they don't want both.

I have them in a small container for the pictures, but they all live with the females. Are they still too young to tell? They all look like they have the fan tail and none of them have gotten longer or pointier.

BottomDweller

Still too young to tell I'm afraid. They will all look like females to start with

BubbleCat

Alright, thank you. At what age will it become very clear? Or, about what age. As they get bigger, the female tank looks more and more crowded and I don't want them all to be stressed.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom