1. Male

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Female

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. L

LaNana Initiate Member

15268280513632025755356.jpg 15268281085781814079176.jpg 15268282277501883191374.jpg

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    L

LaNana Initiate Member

I just bought 2 GBR which I believed to be male and female. However I am not sure. I know 1 is a female as she has a pink belly but I don't know about the other one. Please help.

3. bitseriously

bitseriously Well Known Member Member

It looks like you’ve got one of each. Can u get any closer pics of the non-pink one, so we can be more certain?

4. OP
    OP
    L

LaNana Initiate Member

After a while I was able to get these. Is it normal that the one I think is a male is chasing the female and raming into. She looks stressed (dark body) and hides from the other. I also noticed today he belly is darker and her breeding tube is out.

Attached Files:

5. bitseriously

bitseriously Well Known Member Member

So, uhhh....
    I’m still on the fence about the “male”. It has some rather un-male-like traits. The ventral fins are female-length (males typically longer), and there is more speckling in the black side spot that most males would show. I think there’s a decent chance u have a second female that just hasn’t got a pink belly yet.
    Until u get some surer markings either way, keep a close eye out right after water changes. That can bring demure colors out briefly.
    Another question I have (for any ram pros who are reading) is if this were two females, would the more aggressive of the two take on male traits? That would fit with the larger female here not having pink belly.