Sexing Angel

1. Landos Well Known Member Member

Hi,

I got an angelfish about 5 months ago, and she/he was a little over the size of a quarter. I would say the angelfish is about 4 or 5 inches from mouth to tail.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

I'm not the best at sexing angels, but it the dorsal fin position and slope of the forehead make me think female.

3. AndrewJ54 Member Member

Based on what I've heard about sexing angelfish it is extremely difficult to sex until they actually start spawning, their sex organs which are tube like will emerge and this is the main way to determine the sex of an angelfish. However, there are certain characteristics that some use in an attempt to sex them they look at the shape of the head to their top fin, if it seems more bumpy then it is typically considered a male and a more smooth head it is considered a female. However like I said earlier it is difficult to sex them and be accurate, if I had to take a guess I would say that, that is a female angelfish but there is a good chance I could be wrong. [​IMG] These are some of the other features to help distinguish them but your best bet would be waiting till they exhibit spawning behavior. Beautiful fish by the way it reminds me of my marbled Angel!!

4. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

5. chromedome52 Well Known Member Member

It is not yet sexually mature. Give it another 3-4 months.

6. Landos Well Known Member Member

Will do. Thanks everyone!

7. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member