Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Sex This Flowerhorn

Discussion in 'Flowerhorn Cichlid' started by Killifish11, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Killifish11 Valued Member Member

Ive recently bought a new flowerhorn from eBay and was wondering if this is male or female please help!?!? Any info would be very helpful. And thank you

2. Jimothy K Valued Member Member

That didn't look much like any flowerhorn I have ever seen. If it is i think it's a female with a VERY small hump.

3. AquaticJ Fishlore VIP Member

It’s a juvenile Thai Silk, hasn’t developed a hump yet. The only way to really know its gender is to vent it.

4. RonJ Well Known Member Member

I second that. A video can help too usually there is a difference in activity levels and swimming patterns too.

5. Killifish11 Valued Member Member

Fishlore won’t let me post a video

Can I vent the fish now or is it too early

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2018
  6. Killifish11 Valued Member Member

Any other tips anyone please reply?

7. Killifish11 Valued Member Member

Here is an update

8. RonJ Well Known Member Member

Fishlore does. You have to upload the video on to youtube then use
    "[MEDIA = youtube]" _youtubevideonumber_ "[/MEDIA]" without quotes. and substitute "_youtubevideonumber_" with the actual video ID. which is whatever after "/watch?v=" for exmaple for "/watch?v=h2kTJbY16RM" in "YouTube", you need to put "[MEDIA = youtube]""h2kTJbY16RM""[/MEDIA]" of course without the quotes.

9. Killifish11 Valued Member Member

I’ve been really wondering if this Flowerhorn is a male because I want to have a flowerhorn who is fearless and have a huge lol (hump on head) anyone have any ideas or ways of sexing a flowerhorn fry. Please quote any websites that show to sex a fry.
    Thank you!

10. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Threads have been merged please only create one thread per topic