Sex of GBR??

tinks8400

Reaction score
So I have picked up female GBR, as I have been sold the wrong sex before I want to ask ppl to comfirm this is a female?
imageimageimage

Last edited by a moderator:

tyguy7760

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I would guess female. But wait for other opinions that are more schooled in sexing rams.

The reason I'm guessing female is the colors are a bit muted, the front rays of the dorsal fin are not extended, and the black spot seems to have speckling on it.

tinks8400

Reaction score
I would guess female. But wait for other opinions that are more schooled in sexing rams.

The reason I'm guessing female is the colors are a bit muted, the front rays of the dorsal fin are not extended, and the black spot seems to have speckling on it.
Thanks I based my opinion on the same basis as you. Really hope it is a girl this time, the guy in the shop assured me it is a female

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would say that it is a small and not quite mature individual. I would not want to hazard a guess on sex until it's been fed for a week or two and "healthied up".

csawyer98

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
As it sits, I would say that it is in fact a female, however it's hard to judge by the picture whether or not it is mature enough to sex it accurately. Which is often the case with bettas, people will sell them as a female but they later learn that it was an undeveloped male. So that's a possibility too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

hampalong

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure either. I would have gone probably male, if pushed. But I would rather wait....

tinks8400

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, she/he is a lot smaller than my male, my male seems to be tolerating she/he, he would not tolerate my other male (sold as female). Thanks again for the advice I will keep a close eye on the both of them ☺

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom