Severum Tank Mates?

Ryan.O.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
             For christmas i will b getting a new 200 litre(about 55 gallons) or bigger fish tank. In it i want 2 keep  a Gold Severum. Does any1 hav any suggestions 2 what fish i could keep with him. Could i keep any fish with him from the tank i have now. And can Severums live with Angelfish? And what about Pearl and Dwarf Gouramis? Will the Severums eat smaller Tetras?

Stitsbabe

Reaction score
Hi Ryan,

I loved having a Gold Severum when I was younger, they are great fish to keep. However, like many Cichlids, they can be extremely aggressive at times and I wouldn't reccommend you keeping anything smaller than your Severum in the same tank with it.
I had to keep a single species aquarium when I kept Severums, as I found them to be too territorial to keep with other fish. This said, I have known people that have successfully kept Plecs, Pictus and Danios(although be prepared for an occasional loss) with Severums.

Good luck with your tank....I hope maybe you'll be able to post a pic or two of your severums when you have them settled.

Ryan.O.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yea OK thanks

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
a GOOD tank mate would be a Pangasius shark, you get the hi-fin and the pangasius, in albino-with red eyes and the grey one. they get to a foot long, but your tank might be too small, they grow fast but not astronomically fast, in a year you can move him into a bigger tank. Severums can be very territorial especially if you have a breeding pair.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are great fish but like most cichlids will eat anything that will fit in its mouth. when you get companion fish make sure your current tank is appropriate for their adult size. Larger tanks aren't always easy to come by and I know you want your fish to be happy and healthy.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom