Severum Feeding Question

1. Mike1995

Mike1995 Well Known Member Member

First off I can't find a severum forum section that will let me post so.. Maybe this will get moved. But anyway I have two severums and well.. Their eating habits are really odd. They only seem interested in cichlid flake's. And they go bananas over them. But are flakes really sufficient? All my other cichlids small and large eat a variety of pellets and krill etc. I'm just worried that flakes aren't gonna provide them with enough nutrients.

2. Caitlin86

Caitlin86 Well Known Member Member

Have u tried soaking the pellets in garlic water?

3. OP
    OP
    Mike1995

I could try that

4. Caitlin86

They usually find it more appetizing. Have u tried crickets, blood worms, earthworms, peas, cucumber, lettuce or zuchinni. The pellets r a great foundation but these r some treats u could add in 2 spice up ur severums life.

5. OP
    OP
    Mike1995

I've tried krill. Several types of worms. And pellets. all my other cichlids big and small go bananas and eat just about everything. But for whatever reason these guys only take flakes. I think their previous owner fed them a pretty poor diet. I have the same problem with my green terror, who is also a rescue and he will only eat one type of pellet at the moment

6. Caitlin86

Good for u for rescuing them. I'd try the garlic...most fish love it.

7. OP
    OP
    Mike1995

Alright thanks!