severum cichilid kind of ich disease.help please

ietomitza

Hi.I have this problem more than 3 months now.1st believed it is ich, so treat the tank properly.I have 2 green severums, 4 gold severums, 3 red terrors and 2 plecos.the thing is that only the severums have this disease on ther fins, most on the tail.looks like ich but bigger in size @ 3times bigger.pet shop fish expert said that is a bacteria that looks like a mill head (those things that make tunnels in the ground), so triend a lot of solutions even antibiotics, but still nothing happens.my fish are ok, happy, eating well, reproducting, feed them with spectrum cichild granules and 3 times a week frozen foods ( think I got the bacteria from there).anyone can help? Please help, want to get rid of that as look bad.thanks

Fish tile

What you have here sir is lymphosis (if I'm spelling it correctly). It is a virus and these "spots" or clumps concentrate around the fins or lips and look ver similar to ich. My blue regal tang had it and he eats great. It usually goes away within a few months. Good luck!

ietomitza

Thank you for responding.can you tell me more details?what temperature you used?add any salt?medication?water changes?mine has over 3 months and still there?how long were your for?thanks and all the best!I Will add some photos in a few minutes.

Fish tile

Well I didn't do anything with the disease, I just tried to feed him good quality food. See ich also attacks the gills, so if you see a lot of rapid breathing I would treat just in case since both diseases are very hard to tell apart at first. But since you said it has exclusively stayed on the fins it is most likely lymphosis. Lymphosis is a virus so it is very hard to get rid of. Have any of the fish been bothering them in the tank? Because it looks like their fins are pretty nipped, this could have something to do with it. Good luck!

ietomitza

Hi.thanks for the info.my green severums are breeding, so are a bit aggresive.the get half of tank, but sometimes they are curious and go on their 'territory'. Thanks.
All the best

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Littlefishyfish
Replies
Views
sharkbaithoohah
Replies
Views
fishluvr82

Random Great Thread!