Setup for Pearl Gourami

sillylittlefishey

I'm getting ready to set up a 55 gallon aquarium and I'm wanting to have 4 Pearl Gourami as I've heard their interaction with each other is something to behold. Let's hope I get lucky and find some females!! I'm honestly not sure the ones I've seen in store are old enough to sex, which is the one thing that makes me nervous getting them.

Anyway, I'm finding conflicting info on the setup for the pearls. In one place it says to have floating plants to break up the lighting, but another place said not to have floating plants as it prevents them from being able to breathe through their labyrinth....

Can anyone help with what I need for an ideal setup for them??

Thanks!

JettsPapa

Some floating plants is good for them, but there also needs to be open areas to allow the pearls to reach the surface. You don't want the floating plants to completely cover the tank surface.

Good call on the pearls, by the way. I'm a big fan of them.

Upvote 0

sillylittlefishey

Some floating plants is good for them, but there also needs to be open areas to allow the pearls to reach the surface. You don't want the floating plants to completely cover the tank surface.

Good call on the pearls, by the way. I'm a big fan of them.
Thanks for your help. I love gouramis and had looked at the dwarf, but was concerned their health and temperament were no longer as good as it once was so I decided to go with pearls instead.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JettsPapa
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
  • Question
Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01