Setting up new BIGGER tank advice

Corzz79

Heya,

mice recently bought a bigger tank and at the moment I’m running a 100cm 50g 180l tank in the corner where it’s supposed to be. I’ve got the tank with about 9 angels and a few Platys etc. nowThe new tank is a lot bigger. 120cm 85g 320L and I want this tank in the spot my other one is.
Any advice on how to do this move without stressing the fish out? I just want the new tank in the spot where the old tank is. Once the new tank is set up, I’m gonna be running it until it’s cycled, but I’ll just add media from old to new to boost it up a little.
I just don’t know if it’ll be worth moving the old tank with minimal water so I don’t have to move my fish?
Don’t know what the best thing to do. Lol

86 ssinit

Do a 90% water change. Get either sliders under the stand to move it or people to carry it. Than refill it. You do change your water weekly?

Corzz79

86 ssinit said:
Do a 90% water change. Get either sliders under the stand to move it or people to carry it. Than refill it. You do change your water weekly?
I do water changes whenever I need too. Which it generally once to twice a week. So you’re saying to change 90% of water and leave the angels with the 10% and then move and refill?

86 ssinit

Yep. That’s the way I moved my 90 when tiling the floor. Once to move it out of the way than a few days later to move it back.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom