Setting Up Fish Tank?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by XenoMarc, Apr 8, 2017.

1. XenoMarc

XenoMarcValued MemberMember

Hello!
    When setting up a fish tank, do you put the substrate and water first, then the hard scale and plants, or do you put the substrate, hardscape and plants first, then the water?
    Thanks! :)

2. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

I put in substrate then water or hardscape then plants. Some of the more delicate stem plants snap if you plant them upright and there is no water to support them, if that makes sense.

3. grantm91

grantm91Fishlore VIPMember

I put substrate then rocks, pots, ornaments then pour the water on to the rocks as not to disturb the substrate because i use sand, or you can put a plate in to pour the water on to and remove the plat and lastly plants.

4. justinmo

justinmoValued MemberMember

I put substrate first then the hardscape and then fill it up with a small amount of water and plant my plants. Then I fill the whole thing.

5. AllieSten

AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

I do substrate and then Water about 1/3 full. Then hardscaping and maybe a couple plants. Then another 1/3 water (2/3 full). Then finalize all the plants. Rearrange everything how I want. Then I fill completely.

6. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylahWell Known MemberMember

I put the substrate in, then water (using a plate to stop disturbance of sand) & then the hardscape & plants. (Aside from my saltwater aquarium where I put the live rock in before the sand to ensure the live rock wouldn't fall when stacked.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice