setting up 55 gallon tank

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Gozeedos, Apr 19, 2012.

1. G

Gozeedos Valued Member Member

Hello......I am getting ready to set up my 55 gallon tank....My question is has anyone ever tried to put clear window film to reduce the uva/uvb natural sunlight on the outside of their tank? The location I would like to set this up is unfortunately near windows. It is shaded and no direct sunlight gets to it so no danger of temp issues. Anyone tried this?:;dete I am new to this site and still learning how to get around :;snail

2. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to the forum.

Can't say as I've ever even considered putting film on the tank walls. Two of my tanks get a little direct sunlight from a nearby glass door, but even that doesn't create an algae issue for me. I wouldn't worry about it until/unless it becomes an issue for you.

3. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Welcome to the Forum. It is nice to have new people. I have a 55 that gets partial light during the day and I have no problem. I have never heard of putting film on the outside of an aquarium (of course that is not saying much).

4. OP
    OP
    G

Thanks for the welcome! I think I will just set it up and if I do have an issue I will consider putting film on the glass.....I would really like to have a planted tank this time. I am going to stock it with small schooling fish varieties. Would really like to have an all around life cycle in this one. :;hi1

5. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Let us know if you have questions about cycling the tank or need help with stocking suggestions. We're really good at telling people what to do....... :;bananapc

6. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good afternoon and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I hope you enjoy the site. welcomehiya.gif

Ken

7. OP
    OP
    G

Thanks I will ask......I am really getting excited about a planted tank...on youtube looking at different tanks..... a little overwhelmed trying to read all the info and learn about all the plants and equipment.......Love the way they look! Thanks Ken! So far so good!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice