Setosa Dying. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastian Perdomo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
My setosa has been acting up for about a month or so now. I don’t want it to die. It started in the middle of the tank, I moved it up when it start ed getting white in fear that it wasn’t getting enough light. Then it got worse so I moved it all the way down. It kept going white. I moved it under a rock, all it did was get some detritus on it. Now I moved it back up.
Help me. I tried feeding it today too btw.

Attachments

SecretiveFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would also add, what are you using for flow in your system? How long has your system been running?

Last edited:

Nart

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Setosa's generally don't require high lighting and are perfectly content around the middle part of the tank.
You might be able to save it by putting it in the middle, in a non-direct lighting area, and low to medium flow.

As said above - what's your lighting?
And, what intensity do you have it at?

OP
Sebastian Perdomo

Sebastian Perdomo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
4 t5 bulbs- 2 blue+, 1purple+, 1coral+
Lights are about 6-9 inches above tank. I was noticing red slime at any closer level.
I had all my parameters tested my the guys at my LFS on Sunday and they said that my water is perfect.
Not dosing, just did my first feeding yesterday with reed rounds. I do have seachem alkalinity additive though just in case.

Nart

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Bleaching from the base up generally with SPS is related to Alk and excess nutrients, specifically phosphate from my experience.
His look like the entire frag is almost dead, might be a number of things that caused it, but the high lighting sure didn't help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Weekly

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 14 17.9%

Top Bottom