Setosa Dying. Help Help

Discussion in 'Hard Coral' started by Sebastian Perdomo, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Sebastian Perdomo

Sebastian Perdomo Valued Member Member

My setosa has been acting up for about a month or so now. I don’t want it to die. It started in the middle of the tank, I moved it up when it start ed getting white in fear that it wasn’t getting enough light. Then it got worse so I moved it all the way down. It kept going white. I moved it under a rock, all it did was get some detritus on it. Now I moved it back up.
    Help me. I tried feeding it today too btw.

Attached Files:

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

What is the lighting, chemistry, and what are you dosing with?

3. SecretiveFish

SecretiveFish Well Known Member Member

I would also add, what are you using for flow in your system? How long has your system been running?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  4. Nart

Nart Well Known Member Member

Setosa's generally don't require high lighting and are perfectly content around the middle part of the tank.
    You might be able to save it by putting it in the middle, in a non-direct lighting area, and low to medium flow.

As said above - what's your lighting?
    And, what intensity do you have it at?

5. OP
    OP
    Sebastian Perdomo

Sebastian Perdomo Valued Member Member

4 t5 bulbs- 2 blue+, 1purple+, 1coral+
    Lights are about 6-9 inches above tank. I was noticing red slime at any closer level.
    I had all my parameters tested my the guys at my LFS on Sunday and they said that my water is perfect.
    Not dosing, just did my first feeding yesterday with reed rounds. I do have seachem alkalinity additive though just in case.

6. Nart

I think that's too much light for the setosa to handle. Put it back down to the middle of the tank.

7. SecretiveFish

SecretiveFish Well Known Member Member

Bleaching from the base up is suggesting flow problems as well in my experience.

8. Nart

Bleaching from the base up generally with SPS is related to Alk and excess nutrients, specifically phosphate from my experience.
    His look like the entire frag is almost dead, might be a number of things that caused it, but the high lighting sure didn't help it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice