Serpae Tetra And Stocking

Ariel4891

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So, I have a 29gal planted tank. Current occupants are 8 corydoras. I have 8 serpae tetras in QT right now.

I was originally going to get a dwarf gouramI as a centerpiece fish, but I have since learnd that serpae can be fin nippers so I'm not sure that's a good idea anymore.

Heres my questions: Is there a centerpiece fish that would pair better with the serpae? Or should I just get more of them and keep it as just them and the corydoras?

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ariel4891 said:
So, I have a 29gal planted tank. Current occupants are 8 corydoras. I have 8 serpae tetras in QT right now.

I was originally going to get a dwarf gouramI as a centerpiece fish, but I have since learnd that serpae can be fin nippers so I'm not sure that's a good idea anymore.

Heres my questions: Is there a centerpiece fish that would pair better with the serpae? Or should I just get more of them and keep it as just them and the corydoras?
I used to have a community tank of cories, serpaes, and 3-spot gouramis that did well. A gold morph or a blue one would pop nicely in contrast. They're much hardier than DGs and the serpaes respected their size.

New Threads