Serpae tetra aggression

ProudPapa

Hello,

I've seen a large number of posts here where people talk about serpaes being fin nippers. I've had them two different times and never saw that. I suspect the bad behavior has mostly been because there weren't enough in the tank. I'm curious if anyone here has real experience with them being fin nippers, and if yes, please explain the circumstances, especially including the number of them you had, along with the tank size and other inhabitants.

Leviathon

Hello,

I've seen a large number of posts here where people talk about serpaes being fin nippers. I've had them two different times and never saw that. I suspect the bad behavior has mostly been because there weren't enough in the tank. I'm curious if anyone here has real experience with them being fin nippers, and if yes, please explain the circumstances, especially including the number of them you had, along with the tank size and other inhabitants.
I used to have 8 of them in a 20 gallon before I upgraded their tank. They would be a little aggresive to each other but not to the point where they would injure another. They still do in my 55 with 24 of them. They would occasionally go for each others fins but the other one would bolt away before they could get to them. I only had some corys in there and a bunch of snails. I had there water parameters just were they liked too.

ProudPapa

Thank you for replying. If no one else does I may just refer people to this and ask them to reply when I see them talk about serpaes on other threads.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
jake0903
Replies
Views
Billyboj
Replies
Views