Serpae Tetra 10g

Huntsville_mama

Reaction score
Hi, my 9yo daughter has a 10gal tank she's been playing with for a couple years. It's cycled, ammonia/nitrites/nitrates @0ppm, planted (clay base with sand, anubias, waterweed, anacharis). Running I think an Aqueon 10. Weekly 50% water changes. Heated to 78-80. Forget what type of light she's using, maybe 13 hours on, 11 off?

She has it stocked with 5 serpae tetras, 3 emerald Cory cats, and 2 dwarf frogs. Opinions?

toran

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello, welcome to fishlore.

What exactly are you asking?

IMO, for a nine year old I think she has done well!

I would question a 0ppm nitrates. Does she use Purigen? Is it heavily planted? With that stock a cycled tank would have some nitrates.

Are you starting to get interested in fish from her hobby?

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Huntsville_mama said:
Hi, my 9yo daughter has a 10gal tank she's been playing with for a couple years. It's cycled, ammonia/nitrites/nitrates @0ppm, planted (clay base with sand, anubias, waterweed, anacharis). Running I think an Aqueon 10. Weekly 50% water changes. Heated to 78-80. Forget what type of light she's using, maybe 13 hours on, 11 off?

She has it stocked with 5 serpae tetras, 3 emerald Cory cats, and 2 dwarf frogs. Opinions?
The setup actually seems perfect. She is definitely fully stocked so I assume the plants help with the nitrates. It sounds like she's doing a great job. Even the lighting duration is about what her critters would get in the tropics. Kudos to her.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom