Seriously?!

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
This seems ridiculous...won't that shock kill the fish or at least stress them to death?

And I hate it when it says "In addition, the fish mentioned were only placed in the fish bowls for the time in the pool and were put back in their normal filtered aquariums for everyday living (except for the betas)."

Except the bettas? Are you saying that they are going to go back into unfiltered fishbowls? WHY?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh yeah I'm sure that betta enjoyed being balanced on that little girls head. what will thye think of next ?
carol

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It's so bad, for so many reasons, that it almost has to be a joke...
and yet, the only mark of a parody site is the missing "shop" page (I got an "error" page). Everything else looks legit.

And, sadly, the "except for bettas" comment is par for the course right now. Fishlore is unfortunately in the minority regarding the care of bettas. Take a look at any Petsmart or Petco, and you'll see betta-specific "aquaria" as small as one cup. And thus, we work to change people's opinions on the matter, one betta-parent at a time.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
"Except for the Betta". How sad is that? :-\

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah, even other fish forums I've been on aren't as betta-consious as FL. So I think significant, widespread change in their care will be slow in coming. But, we can each do our part, right?

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
sirdarksol said:
It's so bad, for so many reasons, that it almost has to be a joke...
and yet, the only mark of a parody site is the missing "shop" page (I got an "error" page). Everything else looks legit.

And, sadly, the "except for bettas" comment is par for the course right now. Fishlore is unfortunately in the minority regarding the care of bettas. Take a look at any Petsmart or Petco, and you'll see betta-specific "aquaria" as small as one cup. And thus, we work to change people's opinions on the matter, one betta-parent at a time.
Hmmm, I didn't notice that...too busy posting this on Fishlore to see.

Also, this: "For fish that live in the fish bowls permanently, maybe once a week at most."

So you mean no fish can go in once a week, right? Riiiiiiiiggghhhhttt?

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
whoa how crazy is that!? they act like the fish are pool toys. as if. they should be turned in to peta >

mcurtissdsu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm sorry but that has got to be the dumbest invention ever.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads