Seriously frustrated

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Fin rot can be caused by various organisms and not all antibiotics work against all bacteria. Tetracycline does discolour the water but since you need to use carbon to remove the meds it stripes the colour fast as well so it doesn't bother me. Maracyn works on a broad spectrum of Gram Positive bacteria. I cant recall off hand if tetracycline works on a specific gram type or not. One note about tetracycline is that some bacterial resistance has developed.

sidenote: was tetracillin a typo?

Aries

Valued Member
Reaction score
Red1313 said:
Fin rot can be caused by various organisms and not all antibiotics work against all bacteria. Tetracycline does discolour the water but since you need to use carbon to remove the meds it stripes the colour fast as well so it doesn't bother me. Maracyn works on a broad spectrum of Gram Positive bacteria. I cant recall off hand if tetracycline works on a specific gram type or not. One note about tetracycline is that some bacterial resistance has developed.

sidenote: was tetracillin a typo?

Maracyn 2 will treat some gram negative also. Sometimes fin rot is also a fungal cause but I have tried it with other ailments too. I prefer maracyn and maracyn 2. But it's just my opinion.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom