Serious Problem Please Help.

jack11

I came home from school today to find oine of my GBR's dead against the filter intake. also the other looks in serious bad shape with its fins completey retracted and it isn't swimming much or eating, is there anything I can do to save him?

Jack

PS if this is in the wrong are I'm sorry you can change it if u need to

Chief_waterchanger

I would definitely do much more frequent waterchanges. We find that waterchanges help a lot of issues when fish are sick. For us it tends to lower the chance of parasites/bacteria being numerous enough in the water to harm the fish while it is weak, as well as sometimes getting the problem to lessen or go away. Not saying it will cure your fish, but am saying 50% waterchanges every couple of days for a week or two couldn't hurt.

cuteusagi

Are there any other fish in the tank? Are they also showing symptoms of being sick? If so, I would try to find if anything links the sickness together between your fish. If it's just the ram, you could always try isolating him by moving him to a separate tank. If you do move him, make sure the tank he is going into has very similar water parameters, and make sure the temperature also matches!!!

Good luck!!!!

jack11

there were other fish in the tank (see signature) however I found the other ram dead the yesterday morning. so now I have to once again I have to think about how to restock my tank.

Jack

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Blacksheep1
Replies
Views
Sofiafish17
Replies
Views
Flyfisha
  • Question