SERA CO2 reactor with CO2 tablet?

1. axel Member Member

Is it working?Everytime i used it,it seems to lower my ph from 7,1 to 5-6 and slowly rise within a week.I got this reading from CO2 long term monitor which measurement depends on KH from chart.Should i stop using this tablet? will it disturb the plant from ph swining?From the liquid test my GH= 2,5 degree KH = 0 ,will this also disturb my plant growth?
    My plants :Anubias barteri,java moss,xmas moss,flame moss,bacopa caroliana.

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumping this up for you

3. axel Member Member

just planted my plants 2 days ago,will ph swing cause harm to the plant?

4. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

When CO2 is dissolved in water it forms an acid, hence acid rain. I think the drop in pH is a good sign that your reactor is working!

Do you have anything other than plants in this tank?

5. axel Member Member

just plants,will it kill BB in my tank or kill my plants from PH swing?

6. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

It can affect the BB! Do you know what your KH is? Adding crushed coral or limestone (there are other options) may help to stabilize the pH.

7. axel Member Member

KH in my tap water is 1degree,but somehow in my tank my kh is 0,i think its because of ADA soil or my plant...last time i checked my gh it show 3,5 degree in tap water and 2 in my tank..can i even put fish in this condition?

8. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

The drop in KH is probably due to it being used up by your plants. Living things use up carbonates and they need to be replaced through water changes or supplementation.

9. axel Member Member

with that parameter ,can i still put fauna in the tank?i assume ph swing wont harm my plant,i will use it until i put fishes in there

10. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I wouldn't. PH swings can be really stressful on live creatures. Can you get anything to add KH to the tank? Seashells maybe?

11. axel Member Member

i will check LFS tomorrow..the ph back to normal after 1 week,i will put fish in 3 weeks,should i just throw the tablet away?

12. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Not necessarily! Are you going to try adding something to bring the pH back up and stabilize it against crashing? All you need is some source of calcium and they're usually pretty easy to find;)

13. axel Member Member

i think im just gonna use the tablet ..after it runs out just gonne add some livestock and thats it