Question Seneye Reef

PTCHALSEAS

Reaction score
Hey guys just wandering have any of you used the seneye reef if so is it any good and would you recomend also if you could recomend any other wifi parameter controllers or monitors would be much appreciated

Cheers

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore hope our salty members can help you today

xiholdtruex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey guys just wandering have any of you used the seneye reef if so is it any good and would you recomend also if you could recomend any other wifi parameter controllers or monitors would be much appreciated

Cheers
It depends what your goal is, seneye monitors ph,ammonia and temperature it also either needs a dedicated pc connected to it for live monitoring or a wifi module.

If you like diy reefpi can be used to monitor anything you want as long as you build the module.

King of the castle is neptune apex but its costly.

Hope this help

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, welcome to Fishlore.
The Reef system looks pretty capable, but also maybe not worth it.
It monitors NH3, which is great, but in a cycled tank, it's kinda redundant. I'd much prefer to see a system that monitors NO3, but the probes are ridiculously expensive.
pH is nice, but really, in an established system, pH should stay stable.
If you're keeping high demand corals, the light meter is a nice addition.

I dunno, for me, they're a nice 'gadget', but there's other things I'd rather spend that sort of money on. I suppose temp and pH are nice to have monitored.

If I were to go for an off the shelf system, I'd look at the Apex systems, because at least they can also do something if parameters are getting out of whack.

Top Bottom